- What is your solutions architecture experience with the Internet of Things?Since 2014 Yiyokyay has been developing embedded controllers for the Internet of Things solutions. We have been providing services to produce prototypes for lawn sprinkler IOT, sports scoring wearable devices, sports and leisure IOT devices, personal hydroponics solutions and home automation. These IOT devices interact over Bluetooth with Android and IOS mobile devices and push/pull data from cloud resources. The cloud side is mainly proprietary to Yiyokay LLC (https://www.yiyothings.com) along some Azure interfaces. Amazon Web Service and is being tee’d up to evaluate cost/benefit. And we have used some Google Developer services for geo-location and weather data integrations.
- Which devices are you deploying to the Internet of Things?
Particle.io Photon, Ardunio Pro Mini, Arduino Mega2586, ESP8266, ESP-12, TI CC2540, TI CC3000, TI CC3200, Silicons Lab BGM111 & BGM121, Simblee. I also have extensive exposure to industrial automation primarily Allen-Bradley Rockwell Automation along with Digi networking devices.
- What is your experience with connectivity – Wi-Fi-cellular-and how to connect to the cloud?
As described above, the IOT devices have been developed with Wi-Fi connectivity. We have just a small amount of experience with cellular and this is only because up to now cellular connectivity has not been required. Along that line we have been able to test cellular-like communication using GPRS messaging (SIM800L). I am devoted user/follower of Particle.io Photon devices. The Particle.io Electron is such a cellular-connectivity device that we have kept my eye in the case where a cellular internet product/device would be developed.
Short answer – WiFi very experienced, cellular limited experience but fundamental knowledge
- What is your understanding of data analytics and how in the cloud and provide solutions to a customer?
Strong understanding. We have over 25 years developing and implementing industrial SCADA. For most of that time the purpose of data was two-fold – 1) provide actionable information for human decision making. 2) provide related data to pass along to a IT database application to produce reports and support business operations. That’s branched out now to analytics such that data is now being used to drive executive decision making beyond the normal/typical use for continuity.
Yesterday’s premise – run the business as planned (human data users) – has evolved into run as planned and plan to improve, enhance and expand. Those extensions can be validated by scenarios driven by the aggregated data AKA data analytics.
- What is your solutions sales experience?
We have sold numerous technology upgrade projects to internal stakeholders. We have been on a project team engaged with international customers to design, develop and implement technology and operations enhancement tools. Recently we have been engaged to develop consumer IOT products.
- What is your design and development experience within electrical engineering or software?
Vast. Microsoft Visual Studio .Net for web applications, MS Visual Studio Xamarin plug-ins for IOS and Android mobile applications, Silicon Labs Simplicity Studio for bluetooth and Bluetooth low energy embedded devices, Particle.io cloud based integrated developer environment although I prefer the Particle.io desktop IDE. We use Arudino Software IDE for Arduino, ESP8266, Simblee.
Printed Circuit Board development – Eagle CAD.